Sorry for the cliff hanger! Alright back to where we left off. Possible hole in her heart (VSD).
We received a referral to a heart specialist for another ultrasound. Around this same time frame they became concerned about her size. Now for those of you who don’t know me and my husband. We are not “big” people. Like I am well aware of the fact that she wasn’t going to be a tall basketball player and we are totally okay with that. Her ultrasound went great. They couldn’t rule out the fact of a possible hole in her heart but if she had one it was really small and might close on its own before delivery.
So at this point we feel like we are in the clear. Kidneys are getting better ✔️ heart isn’t a major concern at this time ✔️. Now we just need to monitor her size. After multiple grown scans we found that she was dropping into the 10% percentile for her weight. She was growing but not at the rate she should. At this point they are talking about possibly being induced at 37 weeks but trying to push it to 39 weeks if possible. We learned that babies who fall at the 10% or below for weight can become stressed due to their size. So now I am attending an appointment with my OB every Monday for a Non Stress Test (NST) and an ultrasound on the baby every Thursday until delivery.
My OBGYN decides that she will induce me at 38 weeks due to the fact that our sweet baby was growing but the chances of her staying past that and becoming stressed was high. So we were going to be induced on October 31st at 4am. We had our last grown scan on Friday the 30th. At that scan we learned that she was all of a sudden 6lbs and 7oz and could stay another week. At that moment we were in shock. How could this baby who for 9 extra ultrasounds not be normal and okay to wait now she is good to go. Something just didn’t sit right with my husband and I. We had to push and argue on his part to still be induced the following day.
Stay tuned for our birth story! For now enjoy some Pregnancy Pictures